Bill Nelson will convene a full committee field hearing titled “Extreme Weather and Coastal Flooding”
Senator Nelson serves on the following committees in the Senate:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation – this committee is composed of six subcommittees, which together oversee the vast range of issues under its jurisdiction. These issues range from communications, highways, aviation, rail, shipping, transportation security, merchant marine, the Coast Guard, oceans, fisheries, weather, disasters, science, space, interstate commerce, tourism, consumer issues, economic development, technology, competitiveness, product safety, and insurance.
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Armed Services – empowered with legislative oversight of the nation’s military, including the Department of Defense, military research and development, nuclear energy (as pertaining to national security), benefits for members of the military, the Selective Service System and other matters related to defense policy.
- Senate Committee on Finance – concerns itself with matters relating to taxation and other revenue measures generally, and those relating to the insular possessions; bonded debt of the United States; customs, collection districts, and ports of entry and delivery; deposit of public moneys; general revenue sharing; health programs under the Social Security Act (notably Medicare and Medicaid) and health programs financed by a specific tax or trust fund; national social security; reciprocal trade agreements; tariff and import quotas, and related matters thereto; and the transportation of dutiable goods.
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
Legislation Senator Nelson Has Voted On:
To See HOW Senator Nelson Voted On Specific Legislation:
Legislation Senator Nelson Is Sponsoring:
Senator Nelson’s Stance On Neil Gorsuch: Senator Nelson comes out against Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee
Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson today said he will vote against Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court and supports a filibuster.
What You Can Do: Let Senator Nelson know you appreciate his stand against Neil Gorsuch! Call him at 202-224-5274 or 407-872-7161!